Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Monday, January 6, 2014

One Thing in Your Bag, Your Fridge, Your Heart


617. One thing in my bag: The gift in my bag is my identity. Don’t we often identify ourselves with items in our bag? Probably one of the most personal items I own is my bag and the things I put in it. Once, years ago, my bag got stolen and I can’t tell the the feeling of loss I had. My driver’s license was gone. My checkbook (this may even been before debit cards because I don’t remember having cards in there) – but what I carry in my purse tells a lot about me.

DSCN5087

618. In my fridge: I’m on a quest to eat more healthy. I am using some guidelines from the Mayo Clinic – Heart Healthy book. So today was grocery day for me and once I was home I cleaned out the unhealthy stuff and restocked with the healthy. – Lest you think I was very wasteful – remember I just ended a week with family here then a week with extra grands here… There really wasn’t too much to clean out!! Smile

DSCN5090
619. The gift in my heart: Jesus, Family, Friends. This gift prompt can go so many different directions. I’m overwhelmed with the love I have in my heart for Jesus, my Bible. For my family – I love them so much that at times I ache for them. And my Friends, God has always known who I needed around me at certain times in my life and he has unfailingly provided. One of my favorite quotes from an old movie is “My cup runneth over.” That’s exactly the way I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment