Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Gift Before Dawn, At Noon, After Dark


668. A Gift Before Dawn: This is a funny one!! I am NOT a morning person! Last week the husband had oral surgery. He always takes A. to school. I needed to fill in the gap for a few days…  Ugh.. It was hard to have a “cheerful heart” during the early mornings but I persevered! It’s a gift to have the privilege of being able to help rear another child. It seems as if I was born for this! I remember when the oldest grandson moved to live with his momma, I had had a child in the home for 32 years. Once he left, it was a strange feeling! But I enjoyed that time, too. So, God has placed another young one in my home. – or placed me in the home of another young one! I’ve enjoyed it! (most of the time) – I mean really, let’s be honest here – he is a teen after all! : )

669. A Gift At Noon:  Today at noon we were bringing our van home. We have a van and we often get to loan it to our youth minister to take kids to events. (when he has a small group)  He was able to take a few teens to a Christian Concert last evening and I am so very thankful we have a vehicle that he can use.

670. A Gift After Dark: Sunday evenings we always plan to watch “Downton Abbey” on PBS. Unfortunately, there isn’t much on TV that is decent to watch. We have found that many British shows are better suited to our taste. I’m sad to see that these younger generations have nothing (much) of value to use as entertainment as far as TV goes. It’s sad.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoy some of our UK television shows. Not everyone enjoys British humour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also enjoy British authors! and I love British humor! We lived in Jamaica for 3 years a long time ago, they had not been independent for very many years when we lived there - so I got acquainted with the British way of life - ie reading, humor, tv, etc. It's always stuck with me! I so appreciate your comments!

      Delete