Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Saturday, January 18, 2014

3 Gifts From God’s Word


Any time one teaches, they learn more than they imagined. I have taught many Bible Studies over the years and teaching God’s Word is a true gift for me.

They have been gifts from God’s Word.

My favorite have been:

647. Esther. I first attended a Bible study on Esther in the 80’s at CIY. I had taught it once before but for some reason God really spoke to me through this study. I was able to combine the study from CIY with my own study and have taught it several times since then. Having it so ingrained in me was a true blessing years later when I went through tough personal times and I was encouraged to have the grace and dignity of Esther in my actions. When God’s Word changes the way we act and react – well, that’s more than a blessing.


648. Philippians. – The book of “Joy.” I greatly enjoyed intertwining this book with the true stories of many missionaries over the years. People who truly sacrificed all for the glory of God and found true “joy” in serving Him. I am so thankful for the joy that is available through following God’s leading.


649.  1st & 2nd Timothy. I have taught this study several times, too. I learn so much from the writings of Paul. He tells us how we are to be as people of the church. I seem to often fall short but I appreciate his writings so much. God knew I would need this direction and I’m so thankful He spoke through Paul to add to His Word.


My Bible



No comments:

Post a Comment