Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Gift Wrinkled, Smoothed, Unfolded

 656. A Gift Wrinkled: Every time I look in the mirror I see changes. I hear of friends  having work done. – and I understand why. Often I’ve done that thing we women do – putting our hands on the side of our face and pulling back and up – Ah, there she is, the younger me. The one I remember most. The one I see in my mind. Then I pass the mirror again and am surprised that the Brenda in the mirror is much older and a little more rounded out than the one I picture in my mind. But then I realize I am exactly who God created. He didn’t intend for us to stay forever young. With age – and gray hair – comes wisdom. Why do we want to go against “life?” Well, it’s partly the times we live in. We constantly see the forever young – commercials, movies, even news. I’m shocked when I hear of a news woman that loses her job and replaced with a younger woman. Wisdom comes with age. I’m blessed to still be alive and I’m blessed to be who God intended me to be. – Even if I am shocked every time I see myself in the mirror!! : )

657. A Gift Smoothed: I love clean sheets! When I smooth them over the bed every Monday I am thankful that not only do I have a bed, but I also have nice clean sheets to sleep on. This is a luxury for some. 

658. A Gift Unfolded: In the corner in our living room, we have a basket with throws in it. So on these chilly winter evenings the husband and I will pull one out, flip it to unfold it and enjoy our evening cozy and warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment