Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Friday, January 17, 2014

A Gift Bringing Laughter, Prayer, Quiet


644.  A Gift bringing laughter:

My grands bring laughter into my life on a consistent basis! Love these kids and especially am thankful for the joy they bring.

DSCN2841


645. A gift of Prayer

Our prayer time at Life Group doesn't end at 8:00 on Tuesday evenings. It continues throughout the week as emails fly back and forth with prayer concerns and praise. So thankful for prayer warriors in my life.

DSCN5244


646. A Gift of quiet:

I am really rather boring. : )  Being at home, being quiet is very important for me. I am so very thankful that I am married to a man that respects this aspect in me. He allows me time for quiet. He’s not threatened by it and encourages me to find my times of quiet.


DSCN5246


4 comments:

  1. I love that you are documenting the simple gifts of life! What a neat idea. I, too, think prayer is a beautiful gift and it goes hand in hand with quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the book "1000 Gifts" by Ann Voskamp and that is when I was challenged to list 1000 Gifts. If you list 3 a day, by the end of the year you will have just over 1000. It really makes a difference in how I look at life and my attitude.

      Delete
  2. I think prayer is a wonderful gift and being quiet is really calming. =)
    Stopping by from the KS Women Bloggers Sunday link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for dropping by, Melissa! Hope you stop by again!

    ReplyDelete