Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Gift in Sky, Water, Memory


653.  A Gift in the Sky: The Moon. I love watching the moon. God’s creation.

Moon January 2014 (13)


654. A Gift in water: I’ve never learned to swim. So water has never held much appeal for me. One year when we took the grands on vacation we took a boat out on the water. – Not my idea of a good time but the husband had done this every year and all the kids were excited. Well, we had a tube. – Again, not my idea of a good time. Did I mention I don’t swim… Well, A. was a pro at tubing:

DSCF1758

Then of course The Oldest Grandgirl decided SHE wanted to try it. Well, I couldn’t let her go alone because I was responsible for her, A. wasn’t mature enough at the time to take responsibility and Randy needed to stay with the boat. I KNOW… 

Water was not a gift… 

I went out to that tube with tears in my eyes because I DID NOT want to do this…

DSCF1765

No one told me if you have too much weight on the front of the tube, it sinks. We did okay. – for awhile. Then he stopped the boat to see if we were ready to stop. The grandgirl said "NO." So we were going to go around one more time. I thought I needed to scoot up on the tube. To do so, I pushed down on the front. You guessed it – we went under. I was very thankful for the life jackets. I was very thankful we were “saved.” But what still stands out in my mind is when we surfaced my sweet little grand said over and over “Are you okay, Grammy?” Now, that is my true gift in the water.


655. A Gift of Memory: Memory? Each of my children being born, while they grew up, loving them. Memories of my Grands. 

But one of my favorite “recent” memories is our wedding. We wanted to have a good time, we wanted our friends and family to be relaxed and have fun. After the reception many of our friends and family came to the house to continue visiting and having a great time. It was a blessed day full of blessed memories.


Randy & Brenda's Wedding 343               Randy & Brenda's Wedding 358


Randy & Brenda's Wedding 367           Randy & Brenda's Wedding 369



No comments:

Post a Comment