Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Tuesday, January 14, 2014

3 Startling Graces of God


638. Oh, wow. Probably the most startling thing that has ever happened to me is divorce.  It wasn’t immediately that I realized it was a grace. That took some time. But one day I realized that “what Satan intended for evil, God used for good.” – Which I know this happens – because the Bible tells me it does. But when it happened to me – I was startled by it.  And since that moment, I have KNOWN that God can take a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. anything at all and make it good. Make it a “startling grace of God!”

639. My salvation. I’m not sure I thought of it as startling at the time. – I was fairly young. But as an adult, I have realized that my salvation is the greatest most startling thing God has ever given me! My hope lies in Him and I can’t wait to live with Him in heaven.

640. That God loves me in spite of my sins. He knows my heart. I am so very thankful that He is a forgiving God.

2 comments:

  1. Wow divorce!!! Yes I too am divorced and its amazing how God helps you through that isn't it.... Oh yes that God loves me in spite of all my screw ups that's the best..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, at the time I had no idea how blessed I would be. God truly is amazing, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete