Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Saturday, February 9, 2013

3 Surprise Gifts - Unexpected Grace

112. I love reading my Bible. I think I've even mentioned before, I even love just holding my Bible. God's Word. I have favorite books, favorite verses. But it is always a surprise when I read a verse - again - yet it says something new to me. Depending on where I am in my life and what God needs to say to me - it's always a new blessing to learn. It is an unexpected grace - every time.





113. We have friends coming this evening for dinner. New friends to me - old friends for Randy. It has been an unexpected grace the way his friends have accepted me so readily. We have such good times and good discussions.

@ the Nifty Nut House


114. One of my favorite books of the Bible is Esther. She is an amazing woman. An amazing example. I've always enjoyed the book for the "story" it tells us. But a few years ago, when my life got turned upside down, I looked at Esther in a different light. I wanted her grace. I wanted her dignity. I wanted to be quiet when I needed to be quiet. I wanted to listen. - to learn. I wanted to act when it was God telling me to act. It was an unexpected grace to take this Queen's characteristics and learn from them.

 


(when I say "story" in this blog, I do not mean I think of anything in the Bible as just a story. I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. - Every word of it. You can check out my "what I believe" tab to read my beliefs.)


1 comment:

  1. Esther is often compared to the Virgin Mary in her dignity, grace and wisdom. She is one of my favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete