Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

3 Gifts Found Outside

103. I call this my happy place! Looking out our living room window into our backyard. When I go to the dentist (my least favorite place! - Sorry Dr. Hall) I close my eyes and picture this view. It's comforting! It's peaceful! A true gift.


 


 Even in winter I think it's beautiful!

104. My Kansas backyard has a little bit of Oklahoma in it! My windmill. It was in my yard in Oklahoma. I've had it for years. I bought it when I learned that the vibration of the blades spinning keep moles out of your yard. The Oklahoma wind blew it over several times. The blade circle has blown off many times. Then my Dad fixed it. He welded, repaired and painted. He made some incredible stakes to hold it firm to the ground. My dear husband let me bring it. Actually, I didn't ask, he just put it in the back of the truck and made a place for it here in our yard. So this is a gift from "Atwoods," from my Dad and my husband!  The blessing from God.


Even in the winter - I enjoy it!
105. No pictures from last year but I love entertaining outside on the deck. It's such a joy to have stimulating discussions, to enjoy the outdoors, to enjoy friends. I enjoy doing this inside, too, but outside it seems more like a mini-vacation! Another true blessing from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment