Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Tuesday, January 8, 2013

dusky light, surprising reflection, lovely shadow

Had I looked at my gifts for today - earlier in the day - I would have tried taking pictures for these graces. But I was preparing for our small group this evening and didn't look until after 9:00 pm. I usually do this when I wake up... But didn't today. But - even without pictures I do have some gifts from God that can fit into this category! YEA, God!

22. I love the evenings. When things are slowing down and Randy and I are in the living room sharing our time together. Either reading or enjoying some of the television shows we like. We almost always have the blinds up and can watch the sun set and look out on the beautiful yard God created and Randy maintains with lots of work!

23. I often stop and take a second look when I'm passing a mirror and with a glance, I see my Aunt Linda! I think it's interesting that I look more like her than my Mom. - or at least to me I do. It's always a surprise. But a blessing too. Don't you think it's a blessing when you look like you "belong" to a family? 

24. I am so very thankful for the shade trees in our back yard. It seems like such an oasis on those hot summer days. The shadows cover almost the whole back yard.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment