Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

3 Old Things Seen New

82. My Dad is a farmer. He is also a very good welder. I've never known him to weld anything that wasn't for "work." Farm machinery - you know, that type of stuff... Until a few years ago. I went out to the farm and started seeing a new "hobby" for him. Making new things out of old stuff!

 This is a really cool turning clothes line! and behind it on the left is a storm shelter he welded together and then buried! Very clever.

 There are several "whirley gigs" around the place! What a blessing that my Dad can continue to do what he enjoys.


83. Randy and I supplement our retirement income by selling used books on Amazon. When we go to estate sales and garage sales - the books that seem old to others take on a "new" meaning for us because we see them as potential inventory. Our being able to do this job we love is a true blessing from God.



Our Inventory


84. Now, this grace may seem odd... Old things seen new - ME. Tomorrow I turn 60. Every day is a new adventure for me. Everyday I look for the blessings flowing over me. I don't have to look hard. They are just there. I went through a period of time when I felt old. I had a hard time seeing/feeling/grasping the blessings. But I kept looking to God. Kept "expecting" His grace. And one day, I felt Him again. Deep in my bones. Deep in my soul. I felt new again. - Even as new as I had  y.e.a.r.s. ago when I first accepted Him as my Savior. He had always been there by me. With me. God shows me grace in every breath I take.  

 A Woman Saved by Grace




No comments:

Post a Comment