Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Saturday, January 19, 2013

3 Gifts That Might Never Have Been

55. My beautiful youngest grand. My daughter had her oldest daughter and when they were ready to have another baby she had several miscarriages. It was so hard on her physically and emotionally and it was hard on her husband, too. I kept encouraging her that one would be good. Then - a gift from God - they had their youngest! She is a joy! and she is FUNNY!! 







56. My marriage is a gift that might never have been if I hadn't trusted God in giving me  a second chance.


57. I lived in Wichita in the late '80's and early '90's.  For me to come back is truly a gift that was given to me only through the grace of God.


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I admit that I can be amazingly slow sometimes...often...well, most of the time really. I only just today (I'm so sorry) noticed the tabs at the top of your blog and discovered that I can go directly to your 1000 gifts entries. I love them. By the way, I have put that book on the list for the book club. As of right now I am jiggling the hook but they will bite soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 3 of her books, the "one thousand gifts" the "one thousand gifts devotional" and the "one thousand gifts" gift book. If they are too hesitant encourage them to read the gift book. Has much of the same important info but easier and shorter to read. The devotional also has lined pages in the back - lines from 1 to 1000. Keep on jigglin'!!

      Delete