Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Friday, January 11, 2013

3 Yellow Gifts of Fresh Mercy


31. I love flowers. In the early spring my backyard flowerbeds erupt in yellow daffodils. That's when I know, a new beginning is around the corner. God's promise to me that before long, my yard will be full of yellows, reds. purples, - green. Spring. Breathe deep. Smell the dirt. Thank you, Lord.  





32. I'm a list maker. God has blessed me with a need for organization! These small yellow legal pads are perfect to make lists and notes. I have one in my purse, one in my Bible bag, one in the kitchen, one on my desk and extra ones in a drawer of my desk. They keep me sane.



 33.  My favorite vegetable. I like it on the cob. I like it off the cob. I like it grilled. I like it frozen. I like it out of a can. However, the only way I like "creamed corn" is in fritters!!



But there's more to this corn than you can see. 

I'm from a small town in Oklahoma. There is a Christian couple that lives in this same area. (neither of us lives(ed) "in town" I lived in the country - as do they. This picture is a part of their crop. Even though we attended different churches, even though we never "hung" out together - every time I see corn, I think of them, say a prayer for them. You see, they raise another "crop", too. They raise children. - But you should hear that story from them.  Check out their Blog at  One More Ladybug


*Thank you to Connie Johnson for her picture of their corn!


No comments:

Post a Comment