Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Sunday, April 7, 2013

3 Gifts Redeemed

re·deem  (r-dm)
tr.v. re·deemedre·deem·ingre·deems
1. To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum.
2. To pay off (a promissory note, for example).
3. To turn in (coupons, for example) and receive something in exchange.
4. To fulfill (a pledge, for example).
5. To convert into cash: 
6. To set free; rescue or ransom.
7. To save from a state of sinfulness and its consequences. 
8. To make up for:
9. To restore the honor, worth, or reputation of: 


247.  There are a few songs we sing at church that go through my mind. I have saved them to my playlist on Spotify and listen often. One of these is "I've Been Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave. I sing this often in my mind - be so very thankful I don't sing it aloud!!! I can't carry a tune!



I'm thankful today that Big Daddy Weave has presented us with a song that can express our feelings of being redeemed.


248. My salvation. I am thankful that I have been able to have the Gospel presented to me in such a way as to be the foundation for the Faith I hold so dear. To be saved from a state of sinfulness and and its consequences. 


249.  My pledge. I'm thankful that my commitment to Christ is more than words but it is also action. A lifestyle. My lifestyle. When I vary from it, The Holy Spirit guides me back into the arms of Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment