Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

3 Gifts Inherited

313. My parents were raised in the church. My parents raised me in the church. I inherited their faith. Then when I became an adult and was on my own - this faith I had been raised with became real to me. It was no longer "the faith I was raised with" but it became "my faith."  I am grateful for parents who loved me enough to share this true faith with me.



314.  My Aunt's always told me I inherited my Grandma Louthan's legs and butt (can I say butt on here?) bottom. Sometimes I wish I had inherited someone elses - For instance in the '60's I couldn't wear go go boots because my calves are too large. Still, in 2013 I have the same problem. (not with go go boots but with regular boots!) But it is a part of me and a part of my heritage and I've learned over the years that imperfections are a part of life and the way God made me - and I'm so thankful that God made me to be me.

315. My most important inheritance is eternal life. This is what I live for. I really like our churches Mission: LIFE. Living Intentionally For Eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment