Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Monday, March 11, 2013

3 Gifts Read

I've listed my Bible so many times that I'm going to go a different direction today!

199. As a young adult, I spent most of my extra reading time reading about Missionaries. Nate Saint, Jim Elliot, John and Betty Stam, Gladys Alyward, Amy Carmichael - just to name a few. These books were true gifts in my life and they helped shaped my attitude towards spirituality, prayer, missions, simplicity and so much more.

200. From childhood, reading has been the most important past time in my life. I can't name a favorite book - too many to list! I have several favorite authors - but again, too many to list in this #joydare. So I'm going to put my own twist on this gift today and say that the gift of reading has molded my life and I can not imagine not having this ability. God has not only blessed me tremendously with being able to read, He has gifted so many many people to be able to write.

201. My oldest devotional book is "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. I have read it over and over throughout the years. I write in my Bible and one of the things I have written is from May 6th of this devotional.
"A Spiritually minded man will never come to you with the demand - 'Believe this and that'; but with the demand that you square your life with the standards of Jesus. We are not asked to believe the Bible, but to believe the One whom the Bible reveals.... Always keep your life measured by the standards of Jesus... Jesus said, 'Go and make disciples,' not 'go and make converts to your opinions.'"
This is just one small example of the wisdom in "My Utmost For His Highest."


No comments:

Post a Comment