Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Sunday, March 10, 2013

3 Gifts Carved

193. God will never forget me. I am "carved" - engraved on the palms of His hands. Isaiah 49:16a says  "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." Everyone else I love or have loved may forget me - but God never will.

194. Family times around the carving of turkey, roast, ham - any thing that is large enough to feed a group! So many memories are made at a meal.

195. Carving out time in a busy schedule to spend time with God. Sometimes even if a schedule isn't busy I reach bedtime and wonder where my time went and why did I not carve more out of my day for my Creator. Ahh, but when I do carve that time, I am truly blessed.

One time, when I worked at Howard and Linda Faerber's Christian Book Store in Edmond, OK, a customer came in and shared with me that she often spends so much time each day "at Jesus' feet" that she didn't always seem to get much done. When was the last time I (you) spent so much time "at Jesus' feet" that nothing else was accomplished? 


No comments:

Post a Comment