Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Monday, November 18, 2013

3 Gifts Hard Eucharisto

584. My son has been sick. I live here. He lives in Southern Oklahoma. He's my youngest. This is hard for me. I want to drive to Oklahoma and "take care" of him. He says I don't need to. So, I'm sitting here at home, praying and hoping he gets well quickly.

585. I know that holidays are often hard for people. For years I didn't understand. Then my kids all grew up and they have their own lives. I've found that holidays can be complicated. Family. Drama. Loneliness.  The only way to make holidays what they are meant to be is Jesus Christ. Then and only then can we have peace and joy during the holiday season. Everything else is just decorations.

586. Do you ever see something you really really want but can't justify it? We live in a country of abundance. However, the husband and I work hard to live within our retirement income. I've never had an overabundance of "things" so it's usually pretty easy for me to see things I like and move on. But a few weeks ago I had an episode of want-i-tis. I saw a Coach Bag that I really really wanted. Now, I realize that this isn't hard eucharisto. - and no, I don't think it's wrong for one to own an expensive bag.  But what this whole episode pointed out to me is the importance I often put on fleeting items. Thing's of this world. The hard eucharisto is often just living IN this world but not OF this world. That's what gets hard. - unless, we turn our lives completely over to God. Serving Him. One of my favorite people, Elizabeth Eliott often says," Being a living sacrifice wouldn't be too hard, if we would just stop crawling off the alter." This is so true.


No comments:

Post a Comment