Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Wednesday, February 12, 2014

An Unexpected Gift

When I met the husband on match.com, we were compatible on all categories except one. I had put that I didn’t want to meet anyone with children still in the household. After all, I was 58? 57? I don’t even remember but I was in my late 50’s. We met. We fell in love. We married.

With this exceptional man I married came a young man still living “at home.” He is my unexpected gift.

693. A. is a good kid! That’s what comes to my mind when I think of him. He is respectful and he is willing to at least try everything I cook. – even the night he took a bite, put his fork down and didn’t say a word. Then the husband and I took a bite – and we all got up and went to Five Guys – for hamburgers! (don't you just love pinterest??) Even then he was careful with what he said! He would never want to hurt ones feelings.

He’s active in his youth group and is willing to take instruction very well – which is admirable in a young man of 15. He and I have a good time teasing “Papa.”

It wasn’t what I expected, still raising a young one at age 61 but God knew best. Because he has been a great gift in my life.


Andru and Randy 01-09-2014         Christmas 2013-2014 Movie  Madea's Christmas

God knows me so much better than I know myself and He always blesses me – even with surprises!!


No comments:

Post a Comment