Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Friday, February 7, 2014

4 Gifts I Saw in the Christian Bookstore Flyer


Today in the mail we received a flyer from one of our neighborhood Christian Book Stores.  First of all let me say that a book store is my utopia. In the mid 70’s there was a bookstore for sale in the town I lived in and we were in a position to be able to buy it. I  R.E.A.L.L.Y. wanted it! We did all that needed to be done except signing the papers and… Well, it’s a long story and I’ll just say here, I didn’t get the book store. BUT

When we went to Bible College I had the wonderful privilege of managing – (which really entailed just working – it was a small college-) the campus book store. I  L.O.V.E.D. it. After that I’ve worked in 3 other book stores. Two on college campuses and one regular one.

So, I said all that to say this – When the flyers come in the mail, I devour them to see what’s new in the bookstore scene.

684. You know how I feel about my Bible… Well, in today’s flyer there is a beautiful pink and brown NIV Study Bible. What a beautiful gift that Bible will be for someone.

685. There is a gorgeous “Women’s Sanctuary Devotional Bible” in this flyer. It is turquoise and brown. Turquoise is my favorite color! This Bible features in-text readings for the entire year! A wonderful devotional gift for a woman!

686. Then there is a “Wayfinding Bible.” I had no idea what this was so did some more reading. They’ve used the “wayfinder” charting to help navigate through this Bible! A visual guide is at the top of each page and offers a study guide with three different ways to learn from Scripture.

687. There is a Bible called “Every Man’s Bible” with notes “for the battles every man faces.” It particularly focuses on his two most important relationships: his relationship with God and with women.

What wonderful gifts these Bibles will be in someone’s life. I know I love my Bible and as I look at all the new Bibles, I realize we have NO excuse  as believers for not knowing God’s Word.


2 comments:

  1. I love to give a Bible as a present... a Wedding gift, Birthday gift, Christmas gift, Baby gift... it's always a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete