Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Gift in My Oldest Grandson


688. My oldest grandchild. Jackson. He’s the one I got to spend my first years as a Grammy enjoying. He always said some of the cutest things. (but don’t they all!) I have notes in my Bible he would write to me in church! I have a sticky note in my Bible in Jack’s cute handwriting saying, “This is a long sermon.” Only one of many.

One time his Mom and I were in the living room, he came in there with both of his feet in one leg of a pair of panty hose, he said, “Look, plentytoes.” What a cutie.

His step dad, David is a fencer. (Jack has done some fencing since this story happened.) When David and Holly were planning their wedding, Jack wanted to send David a Father’s Day Gift. He was so clever and he put on a cap, got some tools and asked me to bring my camera and come with him. He went to the edge of the driveway where the fence was, had me take a picture of him working on the fence and had me print it. He framed it with the title, “Jack – Fencing”. Very clever young man.

Jack is a gift from God. Only God can create someone as clever as Jack. I am very thankful for the gift of Jack. I thank God for him and pray that he will become what God intends for him to become.

Jack & Holly 02-24-13           Jack August 2013
Jack and Holly                                              Jack and his dog

No comments:

Post a Comment