Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Gift in a Box, A Bag, A Book


483. A Gift in a Box: Our shipping supplies come in boxes. These are a gift because it is another example of a retired couple supplementing their income in such a fun (most of the time!) way.




484. A Gift in a Bag: This summer when we took the grands on vacation, I decided I needed to be a bit more organized - (My sister-in-law Debra laughs at my "organization") anyway, it was so nice to have this backpack and have all things readily available. While spending a day in an amusement park having wet wipes, chap stick, sun screen, (I have a very handsome ginger for a grandboy) my camera and all the other "essentials" right there! PLUS, imagine the calories I burned carrying this heavy thing around all day!!!!




485. A Gift in a Book:  Are you kidding me??? I very seldom meet a book that I don't find some kind of gift within her pages. Whether it is a life changing book - like the Bible or Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts," or a book telling me more about history, a fiction book where the characters become my friends or enemies - all books can offer a gift. It may be the gift of choosing to put it down and never finish it - but really, that's a gift, too - it proves to me the freedom I have.






No comments:

Post a Comment