Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Monday, September 23, 2013

3 Gifts in Your Dad



486. I realize that our world is made up of "step" families. It's very common. My sister-in-law, Minda, told me of a 5th grade class she had a few years ago with every student in a situation where they lived with only one biological parent or no biological parent. EVERY student.

But in 1957, being in a step family wasn't that common. My Dad accepted me as his and I never felt left out or mistreated because of this "step" situation. He took me in as his own.

487. My Dad has always had a wonderful work ethic. Being a wheat farmer - he also has shown a perfect example of being a hard worker.

488. As my parent's have aged I realize what a gift it is for my Dad to be so willing to care for my Mom. I know its not always easy for either of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment