Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Monday, September 16, 2013

3 Gifts About You



Does everyone else find it as hard as I do to say kind things about myself? It's easier to go to someone else and say "Can you tell me 3 gifts about me?" But this time I'm going to list 3 characteristics I believe are gifts about me - then I will ask the husband and see if they are similar.


465.  I try very hard to be kind. At my age :) sometimes I can get grumpy but I still try to be kind. My motto - the one I found several years ago and have tried to live by is "Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." Of course the reason this made such an impression on me is because I was living in a battle of my own.


466. I love my family. Not in a suffocating way - which I often see in adults, but in a way that lets them be their own people and go on their own paths. And often believing "I" know best - this is not always an easy task.


467. I have a great sense of humor!! Although I can often be sarcastic. I love to laugh and enjoy life.


So, I asked the husband.

He said:
     I know how to meet and greet people. I can work a room.

     I can carry on good conversations.

     I am very good at hospitality.


This is an interesting prompt because often we see ourselves differently than others see us. Often it's hard to even find a gift within ourselves - depending on the day and the time of our lives. 

I love it that Ann Voskamp challenges us to see ourselves as others see us and to contemplate how God sees us.



No comments:

Post a Comment