Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Gift at 8:00, 12:00 and 2:00

423. 8:00:  On Mondays, the first thing I do is strip the bed and wash the sheets. I'm thankful that I have a comfortable bed! I'm also very thankful I have a washer and dryer. 

And this reminds me of a story....
Elizabeth Elliot is one of my favorite people. I love to read her books, I used to listen to her on the radio and when I hear news of her, I'm always eager to hear/see what is said. Anyway, as a child when singing the hymn "Bringing in the Sheaves" - do you remember that one?

Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.
Refrain:
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves,
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Sowing in the sunshine, sowing in the shadows,
Fearing neither clouds nor winter’s chilling breeze;
By and by the harvest, and the labor ended,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.
Refrain
Going forth with weeping, sowing for the Master,
Though the loss sustained our spirit often grieves;
When our weeping’s over, He will bid us welcome,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Refrain

Anyway, Elizabeth Elliot said on her radio program that she always sang this when she brought clothes in off the clothesline and that she was really quite old before she realized the words weren't "Bringing in the Sheets."  I love this story. So I've included in this joy dare the wonderful gift of a beautiful mentor like Elizabeth Elliot.

424. 12:00; Lunch with my husband. I love my time with him.

425. 2:00; Today as I've been finishing up the laundry, the gift I have at 2:00 is watching westerns with Randy!



No comments:

Post a Comment