Quote

"You are where you are for such a time as this -- not to make an impression -- but to make a difference." AnnVoskamp


Friday, November 30, 2012

3 Gifts Laughter

10.  The laughter of Randy and I while dating. - It had been so long since I had had good old fashioned laugh out loud times. It was so much fun. - the best thing - we still laugh. A LOT. I am so thankful for this man and the gift of laughter he brings to my life.

11. I love laughing with and about my Grandchildren!! Jack is now 16, so I've had 16 chuckle filled years with these kids! First - Jackson (I called him Jackson for so long - then shortened it to Jack), then Riley (which I mostly call Ri), Josie (which is really Ayden but I mostly call Jo), Ava (I call her Ava, Grace or Gracie) and the youngest, Alyssa (I call her Lyssa). I always tell people to look at a name good before you name your young - one way or another it will have a nick name! Which is kind of funny because I didn't "nick name" my kids. Heather was Heather, Holly was Holly, Tim was Timothy - until he became an adult and wanted to be called Tim, Jonathan was Jonathan until he started playing basketball and screaming JONATHAN took me too long so I started calling him Jay. His high school coach called him Jonny... So did the team mates and a few of his friends during that time but to me it's Jonathan or Jay. Ok, sorry, I've chased that rabbit long enough.

ANYWAY - these beautiful grandchildren have kept me laughing for 16 years. And it has been a joy unbelievable. 

12. "Laughter is the best medicine"  Who doesn't believe that? It's so true. I love to laugh - as they sing in Mary Poppins. Again- that is so true. A good laugh always makes me feel better. A smile during the day always lifts my spirits. I often say to people "you make me smile" - that is a great compliment from me because smiling - chuckling - laughing - so so important to me. It keeps me going - I love to make others laugh, too.

A good play on words always makes me chuckle. When my mother-in-law was in hospital y.e.a.r.s. ago, I found a card for her that I still remember because it was so funny to me. The front had a picture of a cow (cartoon drawn) in a hallway. Inside it said "Cow in the hall are you?"  for some reason, Anne and I thought that was the funniest card!! She still had it years later when her things were sorted and divided. - So now I have it back!

Laugh everyday, find the small funny moments in all things - and life will look up and so will you!!

"I love to laugh"


Then enjoy and laugh!!

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment